To recognize and showcase Chinese American youths who have shown extraordinary accomplishments and are talented in painting and drawing.
- All Chinese American students who are residents in the Greater Washington, D.C. area, which encompasses Maryland, Virginia and District of Columbia, are eligible to apply and enter the competition for this scholarship.
- Winners will be obligated to attend the award ceremony, and to display one of their winning pieces when assigned. And winners must accept their awards in person; failure to do that may cause their award to be forfeited. The award ceremony will be held on Saturday, May 6 starting at 10:00am at the Culture Center of TECRO, 901 Wind River Lane, Gaithersburg, MD 20878, (301) 869-8585.
- The Rho Psi Society will appoint a group of judges as the Evaluation Committee to evaluate each applicant and his/her performance. The performances are evaluated as follows:
- – Techniques
- – Creativity and Originality
- – Overall Presentation
- Conflict of Interest: When the situation arises that a judge was/is a teacher of the applicant or is related to the applicant, (1) both the student and the judge shall promptly disclose this fact during audition and (2) the judge shall not participate in the evaluation of said applicant.
- The deadline for application is March 31, 2023.
- The competition is conducted in two stages.
- In the first stage, the applicant shall submit the digital images (3 art pieces) and the application form online. One of the submissions must portrait the theme: “What I dream to be when I grow up” (我長大後的夢想？)
- The online application can be found at RhoPsi.org.
- In the second stage, the winners of the first stage (notified by e-mail) will meet for the final round on April 22. The location and details will be announced on a later date. The contestant needs to bring his/her art piece (with the theme: What I dream to be when I grow up?) to the judge panel.
- Complete online application form and submit it to Rho Psi. Each applicant and his/her parents (or legal guardian) must sign the application form. The applicant must provide his/her e-mail address, mailing address and telephone number(s).
All winners will be announced at the end of the competition day. The Award Ceremony will take place on May 6, 2023.
- Applicants agree to grant the Rho Psi Society the right to publish the competition information on the Rho Psi’s official Webster and other official media regarding the names of the applicants and their accomplishments in the Rho Psi Scholarship Program.
- The application package will not be returned.
Under 7 years old
- First Place: $450
- Second Place: $300
- Third Place: $150
- Honorable Mention $50
7 – 12 years old
- First Place: $600
- Second Place: $450
- Third Place: $300
- Honorable Mention $75
13 – 18 years old
- First Place: $750
- Second Place: $600
- Third Place: $450
- Honorable Mention $100
Note: There is no restriction to apply for other Rho Psi Scholarship Programs, but the winner only allows to receive one monetary award.
得獎者必須於五月六日親自出席頒獎典禮，(上午10時典禮開始)，地址是: Culture Center of TECRO, 901 Wind River Lane, Gaithersburg, MD 20878, (301) 869-8585。
|獎 金||分「青年組(13-18歲)」、「少年組(7-12歲)」、與「幼年組(7歲以下)」三組甄選，分別評選、給獎。（詳情請見英文申請表 )
青年組: 少年組: 幼年組:
第一名: 獎金 $750 $600 $450
第二名 : 獎金 $600 $450 $300
第三名 : 獎金 $450 $300 $150
優勝獎 : 獎金 $100 $75 $50
If you have any questions please contact Mr. David Ho at DavidHmmsc@aol.com
- David Ho
- Ming Yang
- Kam Tse
- Lien Yao
- James Whang
- Thomas Jao