Who Can Apply?
Chinese American presently enrolled as a Junior or Senior in High school in the Greater Washington DC area.
How to Apply?
- Brief Achievement Descriptions since the eighth grade in a chronological order.
- Short Essay on “What Have I Learned in My Leadership and Service Experience”, maximum two double-spaced pages in Chinese or in English.
- Letter(s) of Recommendation (minimum one recommendation letter), reflecting the elements listed in the Selection Criteria above.
- Latest School Report Card.
- Signed Agreement, by the applicant and parents (or guardian), for the Rho Psi Society Award Committee to verify applicant’s application (if needed) and to release his/her essay to the public.
- Applicant’s Correspondence: e-mail address, home address and phone number.
- Total application package should not exceed six pages (except School Report Card and Recommendation letter). Application package will not be returned.
- Application Closing Date: Application package must be post marked on or before February 28, 2023 and sent to:
Mrs. Alice Jao, 13306 Global Street , Bowie, MD 20720
- Award Announcement: Award winners will receive notification by April 23, 2023.
- The Rho Psi Society will host the Scholarship Award Ceremony on Saturday May 6, 2023 at 10AM EST at Culture Center
of TECRO, 901 Wind River Lane, Gaithersburg, MD 20878, and Tel: 301-869-8585. All awardees are required to attend the ceremony to receive their award.