Who Can Apply?
Chinese American presently enrolled as a Junior or Senior in High school in the Greater Washington DC area.
How to Apply?
- Brief Achievement Descriptions since the eighth grade in a chronological order.
- Short Essay on “What Have I Learned in My Leadership and Service Experience”, maximum two double-spaced pages in Chinese or in English.
- Letter(s) of Recommendation (minimum one recommendation letter), reflecting the elements listed in the Selection Criteria above.
- Latest School Report Card.
- Signed Agreement, by the applicant and parents (or guardian), for the Rho Psi Society Award Committee to verify applicant’s application (if needed) and to release his/her essay to the public.
- Applicant’s Correspondence: e-mail address, home address and phone number.
- Total application package should not exceed six pages (except School Report Card and Recommendation letter). Application package will not be returned.
- Application Closing Date: Application package must be post marked on or before March 18, 2021 and sent to:
Mrs. Alice Jao, 13306 Global Street , Bowie, MD 20720
- Award Announcement: Award winners will receive notification by April 24, 2021.
- 10. The Rho Psi Society will host the Scholarship Award Ceremony virtually on Saturday, May 8, 2021 at 2 PM EST. The Rho Psi Society will provide a link to join the ceremony prior to May 8, 2021. All awardees are required to attend the ceremony to receive their award.
Primary Elements [70%]
1. Contribution to the Chinese Community in leadership and in service.
2. Providing leadership and service in school and in general public communities.
Secondary Elements [30%]
1. Outstanding achievements in sports, arts, music and liberal arts.
2. Outstanding understanding and achievements in Chinese culture.
3. School class work.