Who Should Apply?
- At least 16 years of age at the time of application, lives in the Greater Washington DC and Baltimore area of Chinese Heritage
- Beginning full-time study at an accredited 4-year college educational institution in the United States in Fall 2019
- Able to attend the award ceremony at 2 pm on Saturday, May 9, 2020 at
Culture Center of TECRO
901 Wind River Lane
Gaithersburg, MD 20878
How do you apply?
- Complete the application form and sign the application form by the applicant and his/her legal guardian and. Email the application to Sherry Hwang at email@example.com
- Attach any additional attachment (if necessary) describing extracurricular activities, academic honors, and community service activities (maximum, 2 pages)
- Include a biography
- An essay of 500 words on “The Importance of Pursuing Higher Education” typed in double-space and signed by the applicant and his/her academic guidance counselor on the upper right hand corner
- Transcripts from high school capturing the coursework
- Include a copy of most recent household tax return signed by taxpayer(s)
- Include two letters of recommendation from those listed as references in the application
- Information on proposed 4-year college course of study (major)
- A financial plan depicting all funding resources, such as family fund, college scholarship(s), government aid(s), and/or student loan to complete the 4-year college.
- Application package must be post marked and sent to
Mrs. Sherry Hwang
2677 Prosperity Ave., Suite 700
Fairfax, VA 22031
or email the entire package to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before March 31, 2020
- Application package will not be returned
- Scholarship will send to the Financial Office of the college designated by the applicant
- Award winners will receive notification by April 15, 2020.