Rho Psi Scholarship Program
Objective and Scope
Established in 1965, the main objective of the Rho Psi Scholarship Program is to promote Chinese youth balanced academic and extra-curricular development and to recognize outstanding achievement. The scope of this year’s Rho Psi Scholarship Program includes the following Scholarships:
- Science & Technology Scholarship
- Leadership and Service Scholarship
- Arts Scholarship
- Sports Scholarship
- Need Based Scholarship
- Public Speaking Scholarship
On top of that, the other objective of the Scholarship Program is, leveraging on their Rho Psi Scholarship experience, to inspire Rho Psi Scholarship winners and to enable them moving forward to attain higher academic and social achievements in their future development.
Rho Psi scholarship committee members
- Rho Psi Scholarship Committee Chairperson: David Ho
- Leadership and Service Scholarship Committee Chairperson: Alice Jao
- Science and Technology Scholarship Committee Chairperson: Charlie Sheen
- Art Scholarship Committee Chairperson: David Ho
- Sports Scholarship Committee Chairperson: Sam Chang
- Need-Based Scholarship Committee Chairperson: Sherry Hwang
- Public Speaking Scholarship Committee Chairperson: George Chang
- Scholarship Promotion Committee Chairperson: Jimmy Loh
- Scholarship Fund Raising Committee Chairperson: Sophia Parker
- Award Ceremony & Logistics Committee Chairperson: Alice Jao
Scholarship Promotion Committee responsible for promoting general awareness of Pho Psi Scholarship among great DC area Chinese media, Chinese schools, high schools, and general public. The main purpose is to outreach/distribute the scholarship announcement and to attract quality scholarship applicants. The activities starts when the scholarship website is ready for download application forms. The committee is also responsible for invitation of guests for the award ceremony. Each Scholarship Committee Chairperson also shares the responsibility of promoting and invitation for his/her own scholarship.
Rho Psi Member Contribution and Matching Fund
Iota Chapter of Rho Psi Society will conduct yearly fund raising for member contribution to fund the Scholarship. Contributors will have the option to indicate preferred individual Scholarship for their contributions.
Rho Psi Foundation will match and subsidize the member contributions. Including matching fund, the total budget for this year Rho Psi Scholarship Program is $60,000.
Award and Ceremony
All awards of the scholarships have to be openly competed and dedicated to the objective of the Rho Psi Scholarship Program. The Award Ceremony will be announced on each year of its time and location.